Friday, October 3, 2008

60th Wedding Anniversary


Even though I love the way this cake turned out in the end, I swear to you it almost didn't make it out my front door. Everything was fine and dandy until I started decorating....my buttercream yellowed on me for the first time ever! Then, when I went to airbrush the cake back to white my airbrush nozzle decided it wanted to break. So there I was at 11 p.m. at night crying my eyes out because I thought I was going to deliver an ugly cake to one of my dearest friends because it was due at 2 p.m. the next day. Well long story short, I went in search of a replacement airbrush the next morning only to buy an airbrush and find out my compressor wasn't powerful enough. So after crying again, I broke out the Luster Dust and my biggest brush and just started dusting. When I stopped, I was actually surprised, the Luster Dust combined with the yellow (okay not Spongebob yellow but cream colored) buttercream the cake turned this beautiful antique color. I guess things happen for a reason.
Pearls are edible peppermint pearls made by Wilton, Silver Balls are Satin Ice Fondant that have been painted with Silver Metallic, White Almond Sour Cream Cake with Strawberry Filling, Buttercream Frosting.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sometimes tears are a good thing, a show of your passion for making something beautiful through as much tribulation as the world can throw at you. This cake looks amazing, and the antique look that you mentioned makes sense as it is for a celebration of 60 years...